Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS Ophthalmology with 13 years of surgical expereince
25407765

I thought a had something in my eye but just noticed it

Customer Question

I thought a had something in my eye but just noticed it looks like the white part of my eye has been cut.
Category: Eye
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How long. I want to go to bed. My eye hurts
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just refund my money. Thank u.
Expert:  Dr. A.S. Desai replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the question.I am Dr.A.S.Desai and I look forward to assisting you .
Sorry to have kept you waiting and to know about your discomfort.
If you have a cut in the white part of the eye and it hurts, then it is better to put some lubricating eye ointment such as Lacrilube and keep the eye closed( either patch it or laeave them as they will be closed once you fall asleep). Keep putting lubricating eye drops such as refresh tears, 1 drop 4-6 times a day during waking hours. A cut would heal over 3-7 days with any obvious scarring. However watch out for excessive watering, redness, discharge as it could mean presence of conjunctival infection. If any of these is noted , get your eye examined by an ophthalmologist for start of antibiotic eye drops.
Thank you and best wishes.
It was a pleasure to have answered this question.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Views expressed are for information purpose only and cannot substitute a visit to an ophthalmologist
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do these normally heal? I don't even know what I did to it
Cuts or lacerations of the conjunctiva or superficial layer of the white part of the eye heal very well. It can occur accidentally due to even subtle trauma or injury or repeated vigorous rubbing of the eye . With he above measures your eye should be fine.
I noticed that you have viewed the answer but not replied back. Is there something else that you need to ask or clarify? Were you looking for something else in the answer? Please let me know. I look forward to your reply.
However please do remember to rate the answer if your question has been answered satisfactorily.
Thanks and best wishes
Dr.A.S.Desai