Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

Corrective surgery?I'm 65 and been wearing glasses off and

Customer Question

Corrective surgery?
I'm 65 and been wearing glasses off and on 55yrs. Last 20 with triple lens and think small stigmatism one eye. With out glasses see pretty well only brief period able to read or do close vision without as tire. Did get noticeable results long ago with Bates exercises. Assuming healthy, what should I look for and expect?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with additional services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested. Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
Bates exercises, as you have learned, do not work.....
So. What can you expect?
If you live long enough you will get a cataract. If it is a problem it can be dealt with surgically...
You are going to need reading glasses.
Does this make sense to you?
Don't forget to mash the positive feedback button for me...the one labeled "excellent" is the most fun to push by far ;)
It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I don't go up in a puff of smoke -- I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.
Dr. Rick MD FACS
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Had to use another browsier to gt back?

Lasic is the surgery I'm inquiring about, please address.

Surprise, Bates had worked substantially wrong time to make or alter eye wear. it was noticable w/n about 2wks.

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
Scott,
With lasik surgery you will need reading glasses unless you have one eye set for near and one for far (monovision).
I wish you the very best.
I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you can please give me the top rating in all areas. It has been a pleasure to assist you today.
Thanks in advance,
Dr. Rick MD FACS
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

With previous problems with Lasic please tell me what benefits/problems likely?

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
With clear lens extraction, especially if you have your old lasik data, will allow you to put your prescription pretty much wherever you want it: Distance, near, intermediate....
Make sense?
Thanks in advance,
Dr. Rick MD FACS
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No cateracts or lens needing replacement. Understood at least 20% of initial lasic had problems and unable to work on stigmatism. My eyes are sensitive to glare and movement to point some newer lens grinds are unsatisfactory as create detectable glare for me.

What problems might be expected with current lasic such as reading glasses mentioned?

Would doing one eye at time be best? Cost to expect? How to find best most experienced clinic to do work and any thing else you would want to consider or know? Thanks