Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS Ophthalmology with 13 years of surgical expereince
25407765

My sons eyes burn when he tears up, and he has severe pain

Customer Question

My sons eyes burn when he tears up, and he has severe pain behind his eye. He also has the constant sensation that there is something in his eye, but we have looked over and over and can find nothing.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. A.S. Desai replied 1 year ago.
Hello,Since how long have the symptoms been there?Does he wear contact lenses?Does he have a known history of sinusitis?
One of the most common sites for lodgement o foreign body in the eye is the sub tarsal sulcus. It is the inner surface of the upper eyelid. It can only be seen on everting the uppr eyelid. Tiny speck of dirt or dust can get stuck here and does not dislodge with eyewash. It needs to be removed manually with a cotton bud. If he does not find any speck on everting the eyelid then it is better to get he eye xamined by an ophthalmologist for a closer look and evaluation under the slit lamp.
I noticed that you have viewed the answer but not replied back. Is there something else that you need to ask or clarify? Were you looking for something else in the answer? Please let me know. I look forward to your reply.
However please do remember to rate the answer if your question has been answered satisfactorily.
Thanks and best wishes
Dr.A.S.Desai