Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS Ophthalmology with 13 years of surgical expereince
25407765

Does having watery eyes and headache means that my eye sight

Customer Question

Hi does having watery eyes and headache means that my eye sight is weak now
Category: Eye
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr. A.S. Desai replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the question.I am Dr.A.S.Desai and I look forward to assisting you .
Having watery eyes and headache do not indicate that the eye sight has gone weak in the eyes.
Watering of eyes can occur in case of mild dry eyes, allergy. There are many other causes of watering of eyes but they are associated with other eye symptoms too such as redness, discharge, photophobia, blurred vision.
If your last eye exam was fine then I guess you don't have to worry about weak eyesight because of the present eye symptoms. Mild dry eyes can occur from viewing computer for long hours or reading continuously too. This occurs due to the reduced blink rate (normally 14-16 times a minute). This disrupts the normal tear film and causes dry eyes. Use lubricating eye drops , 1 drop 4 to 6 times a day. You can continue with Genteel eye drops.
The headache may or may not be related to the eye problem. Take one tablet of Tablet Tylenol, 500 mg , if the headache is severe.
If the watering of eyes becomes more profuse or is associated with any other eye symptom such as redness, discharge, pain, blurred vision then do get the eyes examined by an ophthalmologist for a closer look.
Thank you and best wishes.It was a pleasure to have answered this question.Views expressed are for information purpose only and cannot substitute a visit to an ophthalmologist