Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

3 days ago the lower right eye became cloudy/blurry. The upper

Customer Question

3 days ago the lower right eye became cloudy/blurry. The upper area of vision is ok. Also feels like there is pressure. No pain. This eye has given me some minor problems for the last 12 years and is the weaker of my eyes
Category: Eye
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I apply pressure to my right eye, the cloudiness/bluriness goes away as does the sensation of pressure for about 10 seconds, then returns back to the cloudiness/bluriness and pressure sensation
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
Hi. I'm Dr. Rick and I have two decades of ophthalmology experience. I'm online and happy to answer your question today. Thank you for requesting me.
You need to be seen by an ophthalmologist TODAY. Either call the office of a local Eye MD and see if there is a eye surgeon on call, or contact your ER to see if they have an ophthalmologist on Staff that can examine you in the ER.
This could be nothing serious....or it could be a blinding condition such as a retinal detachment in progress.
DO NOT DELAY seeing an ophthalmologist.
Does this make sense to you?
Don't forget to mash the positive feedback button for me...the one labeled "excellent" is the most fun to push by far ;)
It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I don't go up in a puff of smoke -- I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.
Dr. Rick MD FACS
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
PS:
Do not eat or drink anything, other than a sip of water to take your normal medications, before the ophthalmologist examines you.
If, as I believe is the case, you have a macula-on retinal detachment, you will probably have surgery today.
Let me know how things turn out.
I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you can please give me the top rating in all areas. It has been a pleasure to assist you today.
Thanks in advance,
Dr. Rick MD FACS