Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
36528250

My child (13 yr-old Male) has been dealing with eye pain that

Customer Question

My child (13 yr-old Male) has been dealing with eye pain that just started today. It is not constant, put pains him when he moves his eyes, if he keeps looking in one direction the pain stops.
He describes the pain as if someone is shoving needles under his eyelids and trying to pry his eyeball out.
He is currently on 8 mg Abilify, 20 mg Omoprizole and 30 mg Lexapro.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. A.S. Desai replied 1 year ago.
One of the possibilities is that of a embedded foreign body. A tiny speck ofdust can get stuck on the under surface of the upper eyelid called sub tarsal foreign body. It is ddifficult to wash it off with fluid and needs to be removed manually. Try to evert the upper eyelid and look out for any tiny speck with the help of a magnifying glass and bright torchlight. If not, then just put lubricating eyedrops such as Refresh tears, 1 drop 4 to 6 times a day. If he feels better then just continue the drops for a week. If his symptoms stay the same, then do get his eye examined under slit lamp by an ophthalmologist. If you need more help, please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service.Thank you and best wishes.It was a pleasure to have answered this question.Views expressed are for information purpose only and cannot substitute a visit to an ophthalmologist