Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS Ophthalmology with 13 years of surgical expereince
25407765

My lower left eyelid felt like it had a blocked tear duct so

Customer Question

My lower left eyelid felt like it had a blocked tear duct so I touched it a few times to see if I could massage the blockage loose. Now the pressure from the blockage is still there and the white of my left eye is completely swollen to the point where my iris looks embedded in the swelling and the white is now very red. What can I do?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. A.S. Desai replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the question.I am Dr.A.S.Desai and I look forward to assisting you .
If the redness and swelling is restricted to the white part of the eye alone then I guess it must be due to chemosis or fluid filled in the white part from excessive rubbing of the eye. You have taken the right measures and it is better to continue with ice packs, lubricating eye drops and anti histaminics. The symptoms and signs should disappear in the next 5 to 7 days. In case you find persistence of them, then do get your eye examined by an ophthalmologist for a closer look.
If you need more help, please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service.Thank you and best wishes.It was a pleasure to have answered this question.Views expressed are for information purpose only and cannot substitute a visit to an ophthalmologist