Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

Diabetic type two, sent to eye clinic after discovered bleeding

Customer Question

diabetic type two, sent to eye clinic after discovered bleeding in back of my right eye with small cataract went to see the consultant who says no further action now really shocked why did diabetic send me,this follows a eye occlusion to me left eye after a operation leaving partial vision, had two ops and capsules inserted for pressure release and removal of cataract which helped but still partial, the consultant said he didnt think it was worth trying again on this eye dont know why nothing to loose and no action on my good eye although I was referred ! mike lovell
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.I am an ophthalmologistQuestion and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with additional services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.This is most likely because the doctor who though there was bleeding in the back of your eye was mistaken. The ophthalmologist, who is the expert on eye issues, most likely did not see any bleeding and what ever abnormalities might have been present did not require treatment.I would hope, however, that the ophthalmologist would want to see you back in her office again within the next 12 monthsConcerning your other eye, from what you have posted, it is difficult to say with any certainty what is going on. That being said there are many eye issues that reach a point where more surgery or aggressive intervention are not indicated. Does this make sense to you? Don't forget to mash the positive feedback button for me...the one labeled "excellent" is the most fun to push by far ;) It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I don't go up in a puff of smoke -- I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me. Dr. Rick MD FACS