Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
36528250

Sir, I have red lower eyelids just the top part.No pain or

Customer Question

Sir, I have red lower eyelids just the top part.No pain or scaling or any other symptom.This came about maybe 6 weeks ago and I believe it was cause by a retinol cream. This is what has been prescribed thus far,Elidel, Hydrocortisone,Erythromycin Ophthalmic
Ointment, Doxycycline and hot towells. Today after three doctors who did not have a diagnosis I was told I had Blepharitis. The prior doctors said my condition was not Blepharitis.I have read as much as I can and other than the redness I have no other symptoms
and I have never had this before. The doctor today using a kleenex rubbbed vigerously the Erythomycin over my lower eyelids which made them swollen and even more red.I did fill the Doxycyline 100 mg medication today. I am just looking for another opinion as
to what my condition may be and how to treat the redness ion my lower eyelids Thank you,
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. James replied 1 year ago.
Hello, Did your condition improve after using the hydrocortisone and erythromycin ointment?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Doctor,The 2.5% hydrocortisone did help a little.Is it safe to continue using it?It also seems to help somewhat using hot moist hot compresses follow by putting some pressure with my finger over the eyelid
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Doctor,Until the situation gets better can you recommend something I could use to mask the redness?Thank you.