Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS Ophthalmology with 13 years of surgical expereince
25407765

This is not going to be an easy answer , this is not

Customer Question

This is not going to be an easy answer for you, this is not for me it's for my neighbor Chris . 3 years ago Chris was a very women,Han. Full time job driving down the road to work near baltimore raising her teenage daughter,doing her own housework and yard work etc. now she is unable to work or do any of the other things. She was diagnosed with blepharospasm,now after 3years the doctors are telling her she does 't have that.what does she have. She can,t keep her eyes open,she has to take her fingers to hold her eyes open,she walks around like a blind person,she is not blind. Can anyone at the doctors show help her. Thank you
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. A.S. Desai replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the question.I am Dr.A.S.Desai and I look forward to assisting you .
I appreciate your concern for your neighbour. The treatment of failed botulinum injections for benign essential blepharospasm or BEB is surgical myectomy. The eye muscle which cause such forceful closure of the eye is removed in part. It is done by an oculoplasty surgeon.
If not blepharospasm then ptosis or severe drooping of upper eyelid should be looked for. Simple office tests would help to determine this condition. If present, the eyelid surgery is the treatment of choice.
If you need more help, please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service.Thank you and best wishes.It was a pleasure to have answered this question.Views expressed are for information purpose only and cannot substitute a visit to an ophthalmologist