Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

I got Swim Ear in my eye. It's really red and irritated. I have flushed it out thor

Customer Question

I got Swim Ear in my eye. It's really red and irritated. I have flushed it out thoroughly, is there anything else I can do?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
Hi. I'm Dr. Rick and I have two decades of ophthalmology experience. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.
How long ago did this happen?
Do you wear contact lenses?
This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This happened about three hours ago now, and yes I wear contacts. I have continued flushing my eye out, and the redness has subsided. Would artificial tears be OK to use?
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
Yes. That will be fine.
The good news? Your eye will not suffer any permanent damage from this event :)
Make sure you don't use your contacts until your eyes are back to normal.
Let me know if I can do anything else to help.
I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you can please give me the top rating in all areas. It has been a pleasure to assist you today.
Thanks in advance,
Dr. Rick MD FACS