Hi. I'm Dr. Rick and I have two decades of ophthalmology experience. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.
The reason that both of those antibiotic have not worked it because you probably have viral conjunctivitis....and antibiotics don't work on a virus. This is probably the same virus that is messing up your ears and throat.
So. What should you do?
1. Stop all the antibiotics. They are not doing anything other than causing irritation
2. Use cold compresses and preservative free natural tears frequently during the day to soothe your eyes.
3. Chicken soup is still good for a viral infection :)
4. Your eyes will feel better in about two weeks or so after your first symptoms.
5. This condition is very, very infectious. Do not be surprised if family members and close friends come down with it.
In the end you will not suffer any permanent issues from this common infection.
And, no, I don't know why so many clinics and PCPs hand out antibiotics for this condition. I don't treat heart attacks and they shouldn't treat eyes. lol!
Does this make sense to you?
Don't forget to mash the positive feedback button for me...the one labeled "excellent" is the most fun to push by far ;)
It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I don't go up in a puff of smoke -- I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.
Dr. Rick MD FACS