Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc
24257177

Could discoid cutaneous lupus cause chronic idiopathic iritis

Customer Question

Could discoid cutaneous lupus cause chronic idiopathic iritis and macular edema? As an aside, I also have severe secondary glaucoma and have lost a lens and have shunts which are failing in both eyes. I have never been diagnosed for the root of the problem but I get the awful skin blisters and other symptoms-getting ready for another medical trip out of the area and researching as much as possible. Any input is much appreciated. Sincerely, Angelique (###) ###-####
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 1 year ago.
Hello
This is not from discoid lupus.
What did your eye doctor tell you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He told me nothing. I just wanted to cross another inflamitory disorder off my list of things to test for on the next medical trip in the works.
Idiopathic means without known cause.
If your lupus is controlled, this is not from the lupus.
It would be rare for either condition to be associated with lupus, in fact.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.