Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

Dr. Rick. I also have swelling underneath my eye round the

Customer Question

Hi Dr. Rick. I also have swelling underneath my eye round the cheek bone area. If first started with an itch, then rubbing the eye. The next day the area was red and swollen. It looked like a mosquito bite
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
Hi. I'm Dr. Rick and I have two decades of ophthalmology experience. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.
How long ago did this start?
What does it look like now?
Can you upload a picture?
Please see this helpful page:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
Or you can use this site:
Save your picture on your computer, someplace easy to find it such as your desktop.
Go to www.tinypic.com
Upload your picture to the site tinypic.com by browsing for it as directed.
This opens up files on your computer. Double click on the picture you want to upload then hit open (bottom right of the screen). This will take you back to the tinypic page. Hit "upload now" then do the secret code thing and your picture will upload into the system.
Once you do that it gives you a bunch of links you can use, one of which says "direct link for layouts" It is important to use this box. It is the forth one down from the top of the page.
Copy the link from inside this box and then paste it into your justanswer dialog box and send it to your expert.
Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?
This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My right side started on Tuesday, however a week prior was the left side.http://i58.tinypic.com/16krofd.jpg
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the picture.
It looks more like an allergic reaction in the picture and given that antibiotic have not cleared things up I think it is time for you to consult with an infectious disease specialist or, possibly, a dermatologist.
I do not like the fact that this has been going on for so long without relief.
Does this make sense to you?
Don't forget to mash the positive feedback button for me...the one labeled "excellent" is the most fun to push by far ;)
It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I don't go up in a puff of smoke -- I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.
Dr. Rick MD FACS