Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS Ophthalmology with 13 years of surgical expereince
25407765

Had cataract laser surgery 3weeks iol lens inserted but have

Customer Question

had cataract laser surgery 3weeks iol lens inserted but have trouble at night seeing halos street lights car headlights wife has to drive how long this ploblem last
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. A.S. Desai replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the question.I am Dr.A.S.Desai and I look forward to assisting you .
Though night time halos around lights is common in the immediate post op period due to dilated pupil, it becomes better in the next few days. However during night time the pupils become dilated and that causes light to pass from the edge of the IOL which can cause glare or halos around lights. In most individuals it subsides by 4-6 weeks and does not pose any permanent problem as such. I guess you will also notice improvement in the coming weeks.
Thank you and best wishes
Please feel free to ask follow up questions, if any and I would be glad to reply back. If you found the answer to your satisfaction then please do remember to rate this response positively.