Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Medical Doctor Trained at a Top Academic Institution
55099014

My wife had mole (not sure its mole until patho report) from

Customer Question

My wife had mole (not sure its mole until patho report) from her eye. It sounded like the surgeon went deeper than she though she would but we were not given any post-op care instructions. Its been 6 days and the eye seems to get more red and swollen with
time. I notice some new blood spots around the outside of the iris. The mole was taken from her left eye and it was near the caruncula. Last night she started complaining that her chest hurts and stomach hurts and general feeling of feeling ill. She does not
have a cough nor a cold so Im concerned about the pain in her chest. Can the chest and stomach pain be related to the surgery?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.
does she have any other medical problems?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Some. She smokes. Constipation frequently. Takes medication for anxiety
If the infection is really bad and is spreading then it could be. Yes.Otherwise, I doubt it.What you are describing seems to be an infection in the eye. I think it needs to be looked at ASAP. She probably needs antibiotics