Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

I have bad eye pain. It's not red or inflamed. Maybe a

Customer Question

I have bad eye pain. It's not red or inflamed. Maybe a little swollen but only because I've rubbed it. Warm compresses help but soon hurts a lot again. Nothing is in my eye from what I can see. I flushed it with water but nothing changed. Thoughts? Should I go to the emergency room? It's been about 24 hours with no signs of getting better... Only worse. Vision is fine. Just feels like I got punched but I did nothing too it. Hurts to blink and hurts just sitting here... Thoughts?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 1 year ago.
Hi there ...
You are young female and eye pain in the absence of any symptoms , continue for last 24 hour need immediate evaluation .
You should go to ER as early as possible , because sometime optic neuritis presents in this way that need immediate attention , so go to ER .
Regards .
Positive feedback will be appreciated .
Thanks .
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 1 year ago.
Thanks .
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
Hi. I'm Dr. Rick and I have two decades of ophthalmology experience. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.
Thank you for requesting me.
Do you wear contacts?
Is your eye sensitive to the light?
Do you have any nausea?
Tell me more about the pain: Is it a deep, aching pain? A "I got something in my eye pain"? etc?
I look forward to your reply.
Don't forget to mash the positive feedback button for me...the one labeled "excellent" is the most fun to push by far ;)
It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I don't go up in a puff of smoke -- I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.
Dr. Rick MD FACS
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
I do not know why this is showing up as bold print :(