Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS Ophthalmology with 13 years of surgical expereince
25407765

I am concerned about the headaches I am having and was just

Customer Question

I am concerned about the headaches I am having and was just told my eye pressure could be too high, what can I do
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. A.S. Desai replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the question.I am Dr.A.S.Desai and I look forward to assisting you .
Narrow angle glaucoma is one of the known causes for severe eye pain, headache which is often associated with nausea and vomiting. The acute episode is also associated with acute painful red eye. However the preceding stage might just be associated with headache and pain in the eye with aborts on sleeping. The best way to confirm would be undergo a few tests by an ophthalmologist which includes measurement of intraocular pressure, gonioscopy, optic nerve evaluation and visual fields. If the angles are indeed narrowed then laser iridotomy is the procedure of choice, done in the office as a day care procedure.
If you need more help, please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service.Thank you and best wishes.It was a pleasure to have answered this question.Views expressed are for information purpose only and cannot substitute a visit to an ophthalmologist