How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Category: Eye
Satisfied Customers: 45534
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
Type Your Eye Question Here...
Dr. David is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Do you know of any

Customer Question

Do you know of any Ophthalmologist in the Atlanta area that performs Vitreolysis laser treatment for eye floaters? Here is a link to what I am looking for
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Eye
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Must be within 100 miles of Atlanta, GA.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
This is Dr. David
I would contact
Dr. Doyle Stulting in Atlanta (###) ###-####
or I would go to Emory Opthalmology (###) ###-####
let me know if you have questions.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have check with both these sources and neither one performs Vitreolysis laser treatment for eye floaters.
This has been a challenge to find in the Atlanta Area.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Do you have any other source that you would recommend?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
I would try to contact the company directly
Have you tried to contact the company?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I did that. Here was their response:Dear *****,Thank you for your enquiry regarding the treatment of Vitreolysis Floaters
of the eye.Ellex Medical is the manufacture of the Ultra Q Reflex YAG laser, that
Ophthalmologists use for the treatment of vitreolysis, we do not preform
the treatment itself and at this time, we are unable to list the current
ophthalmologists treating in your area.You will need a referral from your Optometrist to an Ophthalmologist in
your state to be assessed to see if you are a candidate for the treatment.
From here, your local Optometrist will have a list of recommended
Ophthalmologists performing the procedure.Kind regards,
Expert:  Camille-Mod replied 2 years ago.
Hello,I'm Camille, and I’m a moderator for this topic. I sent your requested Expert a message to follow up with you here, when they are back online.
If I can help further, please let me know. Thank you for your continued patience.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
This is Dr. David
there must not be a doctor in Atlanta which does this procedure.
have you consulted with an ophthalmologist about your eye floaters right now?
how bad is your condition?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have consulted with an ophthalmologist at Omni Eye Services. He just says that floaters are benign and that I will learn to get use to them. These floaters are a daily distraction and a quality of life issue issue for me. I can not read a book or do computer work without constant distractions. I have found several ophthalmologist is different parts of the country that will perform this procedure, but none in Atlanta.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
I see.
it sounds like you will most likely have to travel then.
it doesn't sound like the procedure is available in Atlanta.
sorry about the bad news.
where is the closest facility you have found so far?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The closest facility I found is in Fall Church , VA and Fort Meyers, Fl
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
I would call them up and see if they know of a closer facility to you if the company can't help you.
have you tried to call them yet?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have not tried calling those that I found yet. Maybe I'll do that.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
they may know where other centers are in the country.
or they could direct you to sales associates for Ellex Medical who may know other centers closer to you
best of luck to you
please leave positive rating below the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback
you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" if you have any other questions
here is my website if you need to reach me again:
Thanks for using
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Unfortunately, I called all the handful of offices that perform this laser surgery and they all say that they know of no one in Atlanta area. I'm back where I started. :-(
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
are you willing to travel up to Virginia?
did you ask any of the centers for contact information of sales reps from Ellex Medical who could help?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Not getting anywhere here. I give up!
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
I would go to ft. myers florida to have the procedure done
it is closer and nicer and weathier area than fall's church virginia.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I still can't believe there is nobody performing this laser procedure in Atlanta area. My Mom in Rockford, IL informed me that her Opthamologist started performing this procedure last year. I may consider going to my hometown, but prefer Atlanta. Are you sure that is nobody that you can find in Atlanta? Can't you tap into a network of associations that you are connected to and ask around? It seems that smaller private practices may be the best bet since it is my understanding that it us not covered under most medical insurance.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
I can try to call around
but I will not be able to call until tuesday since this is a holiday weekend and all of the offices are closed today
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
That sounds good! Have a great weekend.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
you too
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Unfortunately I am going to have to request a refund.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.