Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS Ophthalmology with 13 years of surgical expereince
25407765

I have a bruise above the right eye on under part of lid...no

Customer Question

I have a bruise above the right eye on under part of lid...no pain no medication
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. A.S. Desai replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the question.I am Dr.A.S.Desai and I look forward to assisting you .
Is the bruise on the skin above the right eyelid?
Did you hit your forehead against anything? Slept on the desk face down?
The skin around the eye is thin and has lot of loose areolar tissue. It is prone for easy bruising even with the slightest of pressure or even spontaneously especially in those with hypertension. You can apply cool compresses and wait for natural resolution in a week's time. A bruise is known to change color from bright red to purple to green before it disappears completely.
If you need more help, please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service.Thank you and best wishes.It was a pleasure to have answered this question.Views expressed are for information purpose only and cannot substitute a visit to an ophthalmologist
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok fine...I did not consciously feel anything, but I guess you answered that question
Yes, if the bruise has occurred spontaneously then you may not have felt anything. Do let me know if you had anything else to ask.
I am glad to have answered this question . Do remember to rate this answer if you found it to your satisfaction. Have a good day and a great weekend!