Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
36528250

I have had cataract surgery and I am almost 65. I had a

Customer Question

Hi. I have had cataract surgery and I am almost 65. I had a viteus detachment in 2012. And flosters formed in 2012 and 2014. In teh ye with the viterous detachment, a large black object appeared, It is not in the center of the retina and it appears to be black at waking, greyish in daylight and white or sometimes multi-colored in daylight. I have been under some stress.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
Hi. I'm Dr. Rick and I have two decades of ophthalmology experience. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.
Does this black object move like your previous floaters or does it stay in the same area?
Does is kinda look like a curtain coming across your field of vision?
How long has this been going on?
Is your eyesight affected in that eye?
Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?
This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.