Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS Ophthalmology with 13 years of surgical expereince
25407765

Sudden black eye no trauma incurred 86 years old

Customer Question

Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. A.S. Desai replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the question.I am Dr.A.S.Desai and I look forward to assisting you .
The tiny capillaries in the skin around the eyes are fragile and susceptible to rupture with minimal trauma to the eye or forehead or spontaneously in those with raised blood pressure. You can apply ice packs or cool compresses to the affected eye and expect improvement by 1 to 2 weeks. The color of the skin is likely to change from dark red to purple to greenish before it subsides completely.
If you need more help, please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service.Thank you and best wishes.It was a pleasure to have answered this question.Views expressed are for information purpose only and cannot substitute a visit to an ophthalmologist