Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

My granddaughter is having eye problems (both eyes). She's

Customer Question

My granddaughter is having eye problems (both eyes). She's at Vernon College, Wichita Falls, TX, I'm at Allentown. Pa.
I can't contact anyone there or here (after all, it's Friday). I'm looking to alleviate her problem?? Drops, compresses?
When she looks straight ahead, she's okay ,,, when she looks other than straight, she has pain.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.
still need help?
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 1 year ago.
Hi. I'm Dr. Rick and I have two decades of ophthalmology experience. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.
The best advice I can give you ....and that you can give your Grand daughter is to get a hold of a friend and start down the 1 1/2 hour path toward the Medical Center.
There could be any number of issues causing her orbital pain and, as a father of five (2 of whom are in College 1,800 miles away, I do not feel comfortable with her dealing with this on her own. She needs a good workup and evaluation.
A long and branching differential is not going to be of any value to you or to her at this point.....time to start driving.
Does this make sense to you?
It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I don't go up in a puff of smoke -- I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.
Dr. Rick MD FACS
If you have a chance I would be interested to know what the doctors find out.