Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS Ophthalmology with 13 years of surgical expereince

5 weeks post op I"ve had a mass removed from above my eye in

5 weeks post op I"ve had a mass removed from above my eye in the eye socket and my eyelid is still 1/2 way down how long does this take to heal

Thank you for the question.I am Dr.A.S.Desai and I look forward to assisting you .

5 weeks is the normal expected time for healing of tissues after such a surgery. If you continue to have drooping of the upper eyelid or a narrowed eye opening then it is better to bring it to the notice of your surgeon. Sometimes persistent inflammation can cause a narrowing of the eye opening. If not then there could be some amount of damage to the eye muscles responsible gor elevating the lid. Inflammation can betreated with anti inflammatory medicines for another 2 weeks. As for possibility of eye muscle damage , then you can wait gor another 2 weeks and look for any change. If none then it is better to take an opinion of your present surgeon or an ocloplastic surgeon.

If you need more help, please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service.Thank you and best wishes.It was a pleasure to have answered this question.Views expressed are for information purpose only and cannot substitute a visit to an ophthalmologist