Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology

I also have a white/pearly spot on my lower lid. It is not

I also have a white/pearly spot on my lower lid. It is not a stye and has been there for a couple months now... no real pain, some itching occasionally... not often though. No more than normal... it is very visible and there is no redness associated with it... what cha think?

Dr. Dan B. : Hello and thanks for your question. Do you think you can take a picture of it and attach it to your apply?

I will try...give me a few

Hope it worked

Dr. Dan B. : I give this several minutes to see if it would come through the server, but unfortunately your picture did not make it through. If you were to shine a light source up to it with this spot be translucent?

No. It is white not translucent in any way... let me get on my computer and try and attach it..

Full Size Image

I think it worked this time

Dr. Dan B. : Thanks for being persistent on that picture. This really just looks like an epidermal inclusion cyst or a layer of cells surrounding some skin products. These are almost universally innocuous and don't require excision unless they're bothering you.
Dr. Dan B. : Does this make sense? Does this information help address your concerns? Do you have any other questions about this? It appears as though you are not in the chat room currently. I am happy to be able to help you today. I will also be happy to answer any other questions until you have the information you need. If you would like to ask further questions or clarification regarding anything I've said, please let me know and I will be happy to address your concerns when I return to see if you've responded. If your concerns have been resolved...Your feedback is important to me and will help me improve my encounter with future customers. Please rate your encounter with me by providing positive feedback (by pressing the smiley face); any bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. If you feel like your concerns are not resolved or you have a problem or issue with anything I have said or haven’t said, please don’t issue a negative feedback rating—My goal is your satisfaction and I would rather work together to solve your concerns, until you are satisfied, than have you leave our encounter unhappy and unsatisfied. My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor. Thanks for your inquiry!

Thank You. I appreciate your help...