Dr. Tom
Dr. Tom, Board Certified MD
Experience:  30 years experience treating patients with eye problems
68478506

"The prescription numbers which you wrote, +4.25 & +6.25 are

"The prescription numbers which you wrote, +4.25 & +6.25 are what is referred to as a spherical refractive correction. That is not the same thing as base curbs. " NO! These are the numbers that are in fact written next to the box checked "special base curve". This is a new Rx, I want to try, at my own expense, the same base curves, to see the difference, less stress?. Recent hospitalization for 'visual migraine with aura' no HA, but effected speech. MRI, C-scan, echo, carotid US etc. were OK.

Dr. Tom :

Thanks for your follow up email. I've read your posting. How may I help you?

Dr. Tom :

While you are posing your question, there is an old rule of thumb that one should be cautious when changing base curves. If you can take your new prescription to the same optician that made your older and more comfortable spectacles he will know the base curves of the lens he made for you before, and he should be able to duplicate them in your new glasses. Does that make sense and help?

Dr. Tom :

Since you are not in the active chat room, I'll switch to Q and A and we can follow up there.

Send your follow up when you are ready. I'll get an email and answer.