Dr. Tom
Dr. Tom, Board Certified MD
Experience:  30 years experience treating patients with eye problems

Left eye got blurry, looked like print on page was mismatched,

Left eye got blurry, looked like print on page was mismatched, when trying to read across lines, and a blank spot. Dizzy.

Dr. Tom : Hi, I'm online now and would be happy to help you with your question. Just reply and we'll get started. Dr. Tom
Dr. Tom : Good afternoon, I am online and ready to help you. Are you available to chat?
Customer: Headache now and nauseaus
Dr. Tom : The indicator says that you are disconnected. I will check back a little later to see if you have come back online and would like to chat.
Dr. Tom :

Hello, are you available to chat about your question?

Dr. Tom :

When you are available, I will be glad to help you with your question.

Dr. Tom :

The indicator says you have viewed this page, but since you are not replying I'll switch to the Q and A format and we can get started there when you come back on line.

Just send a message that you are available.

Irene, with headache, blurred vision and your other symptoms , you should seek urgent attention. These signs require evaluation for stroke. Please respond to this email so that I know that you will seek immediate help.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Blurry vision went away.
Irene, That is good news that the blurry vision went away, but your symptoms of headache, dizziness and nausea could still be TIA or stroke indicators. Please ask for urgent evaluation. Do you have any question about this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you. What is urgent evaluation? Could it be macular (sp?)degeneration?

Yours are not symptoms of macular degeneration. They are symptoms associated with a TIA or Stroke. Urgent means getting checked in the ER.

Dose that make sense?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I hate to cause a big drama, but I guess I should go. Blood pressure is 163 over 110. Heartbeat 83 per minute and I'm just sitting here.

Taking care of obvious medical issues is no drama!! You have issues that need to be checked immediately. That is what EMS is for.

Please let me know that you are going to call for help.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Husband getting ready to take me to Cape Cod Hospital emergency room.

Excellent...please let me know how things go. I'll be thinking about you. Kindest regards.

Hi Irene,

Please let me know how things went at the Cape Cod Hospital emergency room.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
They ruled out stroke. I had Cat scan with dye. They could see no cause. I had an ocular migrane, they said. Also did heart checks. Came home after tests, must follow up with neurologist.
Thanks for that information. I was very worried for you and I'm relieved that there was no CVA. Ocular migraines can have many types of symptoms. Best wishes for your further work up. I bet you will be fine now that a diagnosis is established. Call on me again if you have new, eye related symptoms or questions.