Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS Ophthalmology with 13 years of surgical expereince
25407765

Had cataract surgery(lens implant) both eyes about 10 yrs ago..

Had cataract surgery(lens implant) both eyes about 10 yrs ago.. became 20/20 but was still using eyeglasses.
there was one time that one of my eyes (can't remember which one) was lasered because
I got blurry..
few years after I got a problem again even tho am using eyeglasses..
been going to different opthalmogist and all of them saying that I am 20/20, no change glasses prescriptions...my question how come they said am 20/20 but I have a problem seeing specially at night and distance..computer too, etc.. just plain headache ..
Can you suggest any other doctor that can really gve their time to examine my eye problem??>

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Hello, Thank you for the question.I am Dr.A.S.Desai and I look forward to assisting you .

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Are you available for chat now?

Customer:

yes

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Sorry to know about your problem. Did you go for a multifocal IOL?

Customer:

I did all kinds of multifocal glasses, transistion, bright light night blindness, you name it..spent so much

Dr. A.S. Desai :

One of the possibilities is that you have some amount of post operative astigmatism. That could be the reason why you need to wear glasses to see 20/20 and N6 for near.

Customer:

but nothing helps.. guess everyone just examine as regular examination but does not listen to what feeling and experiencing,

Customer:

What's IOL and N6??

Customer:

I won't mind wearing glasses but the right grade or something??

Dr. A.S. Desai :

IOL is the intraocular implant.

Dr. A.S. Desai :

N6 is the vision at near

Customer:

guess that's what I have .. but don't know if I have an N6 vision..what and who do you thing I can ask to re-check my sight??? what question or what do I tell the doctor to check further on what I am suffeing right now??

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Since you do have headache too, looks like the present multifocal or progressive glasses you are wearing is not proper. Since the eyes are otherwise alright as found by the ophthalmologists, it would be better to get the glasses reviewed by either an optician or an optometrist. Night time glare is quite a known symptom following cataract surgety due to the pupil being slightly dilated at night, causing ligyt to enter the eye through the edge of the IOL.

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Watering from eyes could be due to dry eyes. Dry eyes will induce reflex watering initially. You can try putting lubricating eyedrops for it.

Dr. A.S. Desai :

With 20/20 vision, a lens repkacement is not a wise option. I guess a well fitting progressive glasses should improve your distance vision and computer viewing too.

Customer:

well.. what I don't understand is because I did not have this problem before not even right after the surgery..

Customer:

it only developed few year ago..maybe two years.. also tried all the eye drops that dr's office gave me..decided to see an optometrist, check my eyes as usual, adjust my glasses gave me drops. but no help..

Customer:

can you advice what eye drops I will use..tried the OTC too..

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Ok. You could have developed posterior capsular opacification (PCO) for which you underwent laser treatment later. But I do understand your problem which can be quite frustrating too.

Customer:

Ok botXXXXX XXXXXne is .. what do you think should I do.. any recommendation???

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Sorry to sound very repetitive just like others, first is to get your progressive glasses re checked by a good optometrist and second is to use lubricating eyedrops regularly such as preservayive free Refresh tears or Systane eye drops, 1 drop 4 times a day.

Customer:

OK thanks.. as the saying goes "done this done that" for two years with no avail..am using used refresh & systane, too

Dr. A.S. Desai :

You said that your eyes appear smaller and watery. Since you have had a thorough eye exam already by different ophthalmologists, we consider that there is nothing wrong in the eyes and it is due to dry eyes alone.