Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
36528250

I tried to type up a question and lost it. dont know where

I tried to type up a question and lost it. don't know where it went but I will make it short this time just in case you got the other message. I had an eye bleed the other day, my doctor, who is a specialist like you, put a shot of avastin in it. It looked like more blood came out awhile ago so I called my doctor and he said it takes a few days for avastin to stop the bleed to call him this Monday or Tuesday. He said he might have to go in there and clean it out etc. Is there any other tests, other than, the flouresten test, can't spell, to catch the bleeds before they happen? And how long does it take Avastin to stop the bleed when they put the shot in there? Thank you

Dr. Dan B. : Hello and thanks for your question. Are you available to chat?
Customer:

yes

Customer:

okay I must have lost you on chat so just email me an answer. thank you

Dr. Dan B. : There really are no tests that can be done to foretell or foreshadow a retinal bleed happening.
Dr. Dan B. : The Avastin itself does not make the bleeding go away, But after several days can help to slow down and reverse the causes of the bleeding.
Dr. Dan B. : Does this make sense? Does this information help address your concerns? Do you have any other questions about this? It appears as though you are not in the chat room currently. I am happy to be able to help you today. I will also be happy to answer any other questions until you have the information you need. If you would like to ask further questions or clarification regarding anything I've said, please let me know and I will be happy to address your concerns when I return to see if you've responded. If your concerns have been resolved...Your feedback is important to me and will help me improve my encounter with future customers. Please rate your encounter with me by providing positive feedback (by pressing the smiley face); any bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. If you feel like your concerns are not resolved or you have a problem or issue with anything I have said or haven’t said, please don’t issue a negative feedback rating—My goal is your satisfaction and I would rather work together to solve your concerns, until you are satisfied, than have you leave our encounter unhappy and unsatisfied. My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor. Thanks for your inquiry!
Customer:

Does the fluorescent test show the abnormal blood vessels that might bleed?

Dr. Dan B. : Many times, yes, the fluorescein angiogram can display the blood vessels that cause the retina to bleed. But not always does it show them.
Customer:

okay. thank you.