Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
36528250
Eye

Hello, The inner corner of my left eye feels like there

The inner corner of my... Show More

The inner corner of my left eye feels like there is something in it. It's just a very mild sensation that is similar to the feeling of "sleep" in the morning. After washing with warm water the feeling doesn't go away. The area next to the inner corner of the eye (side of the bridge of my nose) was a little tender when pressed for the last teo days. there is no swelling, redness or discharge. What can be causing this?

Thank you

Dr. Dan B. : Hello and thanks for your question. Having the sensation of a foreign body in the eye when there clearly is not one is one of the most common complaints I see from patients. Almost every time it is because there is dryness or irritation on the surface of the eye. This can't be seen by looking in the mirror, but usually only by an eye doctor through a microscope. This will almost always respond to frequent use of artificial tears. Therefore I would recommend using artificial tears 4-5 times per day in this eye. This will likely resolve after several days of doing this. Also, sometimes, using a cool compress several times per day may help this as well. However, if it is not improved after a few days of doing this, I would recommend seeing your eye doctor to see if there's something additional that needs to be done for this. Does this make sense?
Dr. Dan B. : Does this information help address your concerns? Do you have any other questions about this? It appears as though you are not in the chat room currently. I am happy to be able to help you today. I will also be happy to answer any other questions until you have the information you need. If you would like to ask further questions or clarification regarding anything I've said, please let me know and I will be happy to address your concerns when I return to see if you've responded. If your concerns have been resolved...Your feedback is important to me and will help me improve my encounter with future customers. Please rate your encounter with me by providing positive feedback (by pressing the smiley face); any bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. If you feel like your concerns are not resolved or you have a problem or issue with anything I have said or haven’t said, please don’t issue a negative feedback rating—My goal is your satisfaction and I would rather work together to solve your concerns, until you are satisfied, than have you leave our encounter unhappy and unsatisfied. My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor. Thanks for your inquiry!