Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology

Yesterday my wife started to experience severe itching on many

Yesterday my wife started to experience severe itching on many parts of her body, ears and eyes. This morning itching continues but now many welts all over and her eyes are almost swollen shut! Could this possibly be shingles?

Dr. Dan B. : Hello and thanks for your question. Are you available to chat?
Dr. Dan B. : This does not sound like shingles. Shingles does not affect the entire body at the same time. I suspect she's having an allergic reaction. I would recommend giving her some Benadryl then going immediately to an urgent care clinic or the emergency room. Does that make sense?
Dr. Dan B. : Does this information help address your concerns? Do you have any other questions about this? It appears as though you are not in the chat room currently. I am happy to be able to help you today. I will also be happy to answer any other questions until you have the information you need. If you would like to ask further questions or clarification regarding anything I've said, please let me know and I will be happy to address your concerns when I return to see if you've responded. If your concerns have been resolved...Your feedback is important to me and will help me improve my encounter with future customers. Please rate your encounter with me by providing positive feedback (by pressing the smiley face); any bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. If you feel like your concerns are not resolved or you have a problem or issue with anything I have said or haven’t said, please don’t issue a negative feedback rating—My goal is your satisfaction and I would rather work together to solve your concerns, until you are satisfied, than have you leave our encounter unhappy and unsatisfied. My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor. Thanks for your inquiry!