Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS Ophthalmology with 13 years of surgical expereince

Hello Doctor. Good Day!! Recently I observed a white glow

Hello Doctor.
Good Day!! Recently I observed a white glow in my daughters eye. Sometimes it shows red color but in few angles we can see a golden or white (not sure whether i can say it is gold or white) glow in her eye. She is 4yrs now. I'm very much worried about her and she is the only child for us. Please help us

Thank you for the question.I am Dr.A.S.Desai and I look forward to assisting you .

I must say that you have been very observant. A white reflex in the pupil is called leucocoria. It is advised to get your daughter's eyes examined by an ophthalmologist for a detailed evaluation. There can be different conditions of the eye with leucocoria ranging from cataract to retinoblastoma. Only a thorough eye exam can tell whether there is an underlying cause for the white glow. To summarise a white reflex in the pupillary area is not someting to be ignored. However a normal eye exam would remove any kind of doubt .

If you need more help, please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service.Thank you and best wishes.It was a pleasure to have answered this question.Views expressed are for information purpose only and cannot substitute a visit to an ophthalmologist