Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

10 years ago a flying rock hit me on the right side of my head

10 years ago a flying rock hit me on the right side of my head by the eyes above the ears and another small rock hit my right eyebrow where my nose meets. It hurt a lot then. but I didnt bother seeing a Doctor. Later in an accident my right side of my neck snapped backwards it hurt a lot didnt see a doctor. Some days later I felt like somebdy hit me with a baseball bat on my right backside of my head. One night while I was sleeping I felt a sharp pain on my right side of my nose from my eye down to my lips as if somebody scored with knife. One day while I was driving I felt a sharp pain behind bottom right side of my ear all the way to my top right back side of my head. It felt like my ear drum blew or something. One day I was taking a break after a hard workout I felt like my right side of my chest collapsed inwards I felt panic and some kind of shocking feeling and I remember walking around desperatly loooking for help as i felt difficulty in breathing. One day I was watching Tv and I felt my eyes rolling backwards I felt severe pain on both my eyes and I looked at the person sitting next to me. I gave that person a very dirty look and since then I have been looking at every one that way and it is beyond my control and no one would understand. I work at a place where there are over 100 employees and I am beeing harrased every day. I am beeing called from fag to a dirty pig. I have seen several doctors but noone would believe me as I looked at them the same way.

Finally one day I was able to convince a doctor to get xrays done of my head. When the results came I saw his face going pale and he tried to explain it to me. I didint undrrstand anything. I looked at him and smiled as I was glad I going to be treated for my illness. I dont know what he thought and his face suddenly changed and he wrote for another xray. The technician took one xray which inturn didint show anything. When I insisted on for a ct scan or MRI Doctor got angry and he banned me from going to see him or any doctor in the clinic. Iwas heartbroken I didint know what else to do. I am not a dirity person at all but I am being treeated that way by people.

Its been 10 years and few monthe ago the pain behind my eyes went away like magic and my eyes are better. I got better control on my eyes now. I still feel stiffness behind and above my eyes. I am worried the pain will come back. There is pain and numbness
from the rock hitting and collpsed chest are still there. I need help to get better and I desperatly need to earn my respect back. Please help me.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 9 months ago.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm Dr. Rick and I have two decades of ophthalmology experience. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Customer:

Hi where you able to go through the problem that I had mentioned

Dr. Rick :

I've read your post and I'm sorry you have been suffering for so long.

Dr. Rick :

It sounds like you have spent quite some time trying to get to the bottom of what is going on. I am sure that your previous doctors have thought of, and ruled out, all of the common and easily treatable conditions that could be causing your issues. Would you say this is a correct statement?

Customer:

I think so

Customer:

I was never able to explain to any doctor the way i explained it to you

Dr. Rick :

I'm glad you were able to write it all down. You should print it out for future reference if needed.....

Dr. Rick :

Well I think it might be time for you to take a very difficult, and bold, step to see if you can get some relief.

Customer:

I was scared to make eye contact with any doctor

Dr. Rick :

At this point I think the best thing for you to do would be to gather up copies of all your medical records and travel to a large University Teaching hospital. At an institution like that you could be evaluated and treated by a team of sub-specialists who are at the cutting edge of their respective fields. The best thing about these large teaching hospitals is that consultations are available with Professors and leaders in their field by just walking a few steps down the hall.

Dr. Rick :

The Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota is an excellent example of just such a place as this. That being said there are many excellent teaching hospitals all across the USA and Canada and I am sure that there is one near you.

Dr. Rick :

This is the best place for you to get in touch with super sub-specialists who can work with you even though you can make eye contact with them.

Dr. Rick :

I know that it is going to take significant effort on your part, but I believe that going to one of the "Medical Mecca's" is your best chance to – finally -- get to the bottom of what is going on. You have been suffering for too long to continue like you are.

Dr. Rick :

Does this make sense to you?

Customer:

Well I live in vancouver it is not easy for me to go there and expensive. What do you think my problem is based on what i had said..

Dr. Rick :

Your issues are too complex to diagnose over the internet using chat....I am sure you can understand the limitations I am under.....

Dr. Rick :

I think going to a Vancouver, or other teaching institution, is your best -- and at this point -- only chance of getting your respect back and feeling better.

Dr. Rick :

Maybe some government assistance is available....doesn't hurt to ask.

Customer:

People are calling me names and thet think that i have gone mental the way i look at people. Is it some kind of nerve damage

Dr. Rick :

Perhaps, but only a compete work up with the experts at a University are going to get to the bottom of what is going on at this point.

Customer:

do i have a broken sphenoid bone or damaged sphenoid bone that it effects my eyes so much from the rock hitting

Dr. Rick :

Your other doctors, from what you have posted, have been of no help...time to go to the top doctors....

Customer:

How would i approach a university we have ubc here

Dr. Rick :

That is impossible for me to say....it would require a physical exam and possibly a ct scan to say for sure.

Dr. Rick :

You should be able to call and make an appointment. I would start with the internal medicine department as this type of doctor can then serve as your coordinator for all further super-sub-specialty care you would need.

Dr. Rick :

Here in the USA anyone can call and get in to be seen.

Dr. Rick :

Not sure how it works in Canada....

Customer:

When it happened i didnt have a family doctor but now i do and i have not said anything to him about this. How should I explain it to him so He would beleive me and take necceasay stepes to heal me

Dr. Rick :

Give him the post you gave to me and have him read it.

Dr. Rick :

Also, you can print out my conversation and recommendations for his review.

Dr. Rick :

Does this make sense to you?

Customer:

ok thanks. Ill do that. I appreciate your time. Do you have any suggestions or reccomendations

Dr. Rick :

Yes. Get a referral from your family doctor to the University. Make sure that your previous medical records are available for their review. I think that you will find that they will give you the help you have been looking for all these years, especially after that other doctor banned you from his clinic (which was not very nice at all......)

Dr. Rick :

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you can please give me a “10” rating in all areas. It has been a pleasure to assist you today.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Dr. Rick :

Have a great week. I hope you get the help you deserve very soon.

Dr. Rick :

Good Night :)

Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience: Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 9 months ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.