Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS Ophthalmology with 13 years of surgical expereince
25407765

I was just diagnosed with central serous chorioretinopathy

I was just diagnosed with central serous chorioretinopathy my vision is blurry in the right eye for small print and darker also, what are the chances it will have a lasting effect for me? Can it happen from injury I am a type a personality so I am concerned with this diagnosis, I have a follow upin2 1/2 weeks, I hear treatment is not the greatest outcome. Help! Will I have messed up eye sight.i am a nurse and rely on my eyesight.

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Hello, Thank you for the question.I am Dr.A.S.Desai and I look forward to assisting you .

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Are you available for chat now?

Customer: Yes
Dr. A.S. Desai :

CSR can occur in those with type A personality

Dr. A.S. Desai :

It affects those with stressful life.

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Most of the cases are self limiting and heal spontaneously.

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Treatment does not assure a speedy recovery.

Dr. A.S. Desai :

However a flourescein angiography can show the exact site of leakage in the retina. If the leak is much further away from the centre of the retina , then laser can be given to seal it. Since spontaneous recovery is seen in most cases, treatment is not considered usually.

Dr. A.S. Desai :

In most cases visual recovery is good except in those with central leak.

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Looks like you have gone offline. I will switch to Q&A so that you can view the answer once you are back.

Customer: I am here
Dr. A.S. Desai :

Do you have any more questions to ask?

Customer: Will the lack of light sensitive resolve what percent recover for all of this if you needed to say and thank you so much,
Dr. A.S. Desai :

I would say about 80 to 90 % patients get a fairly good visual recovery.

Dr. A.S. Desai :

The best option for you would be to take less stress, give some time for spontaneous recovery.

Customer: how long is recovery timing enteral.
Customer: generag recovery time
Dr. A.S. Desai :

It can vary from 3 weeks to 6 months.

Customer: thank you and please pray for me
Dr. A.S. Desai :

I will definitely pray for a speedy recovery for you.

Dr. A.S. Desai :

If you need more help, please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service.Thank you and best wishes.It was a pleasure to have answered this question.Views expressed are for information purpose only and cannot substitute a visit to an ophthalmologist

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

is having a central leak rare ? and would a person know this themselves without a doctor doing an angiogram to the eye? Do central leaks occour what percentage of time, will they heal also or will vision always be messed up?

Hello David,

Central leak is quite a common presentation of CSR. In majority of the cases they heal well . This can only be detected by an ophthalmologist after fluorescein angiography.

Best wishes and regards