Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest

DR. RICK ONLY-: Why is it that when i had all of my other

DR. RICK ONLY-:
Why is it that when i had all of my other epidural shots that
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 8 months ago.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm Dr. Rick and I have two decades of ophthalmology experience. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

I'm oncall tonight and have to go do a consult in the ER. I may not be back on until the morning :(

Customer:

OK-hope to hear from you then-Please send email, not Chat, OK?
Happy Halloween!!!!

Dr. Rick :

Also, your entire question did not post....if you don't mind finishing your post and waiting I will return before going to the office in the morning....sorry about my regular job getting in the way :(

Dr. Rick :

Ok. I'll switch to email/Q&A gotta run!

Customer:

Where did the Q end exactly?

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 8 months ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 8 months ago.
Madeleine,

Have a good night. Talk to you in the morning.

Thanks for requesting me :)
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

Doc said it was normal-but it sure felt diff from the other ones--Might this mean THIS shot will "work" better than the others?
Your Question Mark,

~Madeleine~

P.S. Working on Halloween?? HORRORS!!!!

P.P.S. You know you are my Go-To Guy:just sorry you had to GO

TO the Hosp or Wherever on such a night!!!!

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 8 months ago.
I ended up in the operating room.....long night :(

Yes, hopefully this shot will work better.

I'm not sure what caused the initial feelings after the shot..perhaps it was because the medicine was right in the area/nerves it needed to be in.

I hope it works well and lasts for a long time.

Have a good day!

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you can please give me a “10” rating in all areas. It has been a pleasure to assist you today.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

I am sorry you had to be up ALL night in the OR--but you ARE an Eye Guy,and it WAS Halloween--However, it must have been bad, bec. you should have SOME Seniority by now--so prob'ly only YOU could saved the day(Should i start calling ya SuperRick???!)!!!!!!!!

I tho't the same thing about the shot; that it possibly had reached the areas "needed" for my symptoms to calm down....makes sense, no?However, i WAS told i might feel worse before i feel "betterer" so-i hope THAT was the "worse" part....

Today, so far, so good-not walking a lot;gonna have to build up again....

Thoughts?

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 8 months ago.
Madeline,

I think you are going to do just fine and the shot is going to work :)

Bad eye case, but -- when all is said and done -- I'd have to admit operating is my favorite part of the job....just not at night.

Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience: Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest