Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP
Hi Dr. Rick, Thank you for your response. I have a couple more questions. I will catch you up on what has been happening first.
I awoke from a nap on Friday evening with severe clouded vision in my left eye. I do not need or wear any type of corrective lens. I have had no pain in the eye just distorted vision. I have been getting minor headaches since Friday that have been easily remedied by wearing an eye patch over the left while watching tv or working on the computer. Prior to that any headaches I had seemed to correlate to being in very dim spaces.I had a complete eye exam approximately 3 months ago and was prescribed .05 reading glasses and told to turn on a light while reading. What I am experiencing is when I cover my left eye it's like having HD vision when I cover my right eye it's like looking at a color TV from 1980 that has a dirty screen. Small fonts are impossible to see with my left eye At the retinal specialists office yesterday I was told my left eye was 20/50 and my right eye was 20/25 + 2. The retinal Specialist gave me the all clear and referred me on to Neuro Opth. Here are my questions.
1. I may be imagining this but it seems I can see a little better this morning. is it possible for this condition to spontaneously begin to regress?
2. My vision was tested by 3 different doctors ( none of them eye doctors) using the standard paper eye test. They all said my vision was 20/70 in the left eye. Yesterday I had a proper eye test and the result was 20/50 in the left eye. Is my vision getting better or does the retinal specialist just have a more accurate eye test?
3. Is it safe to cover my left eye with an eye patch or will it put too much strain on my right eye?
4. Can all of this be caused by long term low dose prendisone therapy? I have to take 5mg of or Pren. approx. 3-4 days a month due to a silicone granuloma resulting from a cosmetic injectable. The injection was 3-4 micro-droplets between my eyebrows. It tends to become inflamed around the time of menses. Without the Pren. I end up with a very hard nodule between eyebrows and extending slightly to the occipital bone. My left eyelid will also swell and become filled with fluid.
5. Is it possible that the silicone has migrated to my optic nerve? I have done a lot of research and although silicone can and does migrate it seems to be a lot more likely in cases where a lot of silicone has been injected ( i.e. buttocks, calves, breasts etc.) and the migration tends to go downwards not backwards. I'm not not proficient in anatomy so I don't know if migration to the optic nerve from the propeus is even possible.
Thank you in advance for your time. I am having a bit of anxiety over all of this. Any ideas what it could be?