Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest

Hello week ago I had a attack which seems it might have been

week ago I had a attack which seems it might have been a mini stroke
the symptom's were blurred vision to the point of not being able to see
not feeling well dizzy pressure over my right eye.
in any case I went to the doc and she ordered a cat scan blood test and I am now waiting for a MRI also she said my TSI were high what dose that mean
Hi. I'm Dr. Rick and I have two decades of ophthalmology experience. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

How long did this attack last?

Did you have any other symptoms, weakness, loss of bowel or bladder control, slurred speech, etc?

What do you mean that you were not able to see? Were you unable to see anything (lights out blind), unable to read (both eyes open) or something else?

Do you have any medical problems or take any medication?

How are you feeling now?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The attack lasted 1 full day woke up feeling sluggish

and forced myself to go to palliates did 1 hour of exercises not vigorous

I felt very dizzies unstable on my feet my vision was blurred also I was getting hot and cold chills I did try to drive which I know was dangerous but my eyes were droopy and I held my eyes open with my hands

my eye sight was blurrie for most of the day.

I have high cholesterol I also have COPD my thyroid is also out.

I take synthrode asprin cresstor and all my inhalers I am 69 and fairly active swimming most days yes I am overweight

Thank you for that extra information.

I would bet that the MRI is going to come back and show evidence of a mini-stroke or two.

It sounds like you are in good hands although, depending on the results, you might want to consult with a neurologist. I also agree with taking a baby aspirin a day.

Also, it does not seem to me that your problem primarily involves your eyes...I think those symptoms were secondary to whatever was going on with your brain.

Of course, it wouldn't hurt to have a complete eye exam by an ophthalmologist just to make sure. You can never be too safe when it comes to your vision.

Does this make sense to you?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS