Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS Ophthalmology with 13 years of surgical expereince
25407765

I accidentally placed bariell fungus rx in my eyes i thought

I accidentally placed bariell fungus rx in my eyes i thought i grabbed my eye drops I have flushed my eyes out several times and have put eye drops to lubicrate my eyes but they still burn.

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Hello, Thank you for the question.I am Dr.A.S.Desai and I look forward to assisting you .

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Are you available for chat now?

Customer:

yes

Dr. A.S. Desai :

You have done the correct thing by flushing the eye immediately as this remives mist of the irritant out of the eye.

Customer:

what do i need to watch out for they still sting should i continue to flush them with water or saline

Dr. A.S. Desai :

This is the first thing to be done. Continue putting lubricating eye drops after a thorough eye wash with water for 10 to 15 minutes. Lubricating eye drops can be continued for the next 5 to 6 days.

Customer:

this should take care of it? will my eyes become irritated or will they clear up? i worried about my eye sight

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Most of the times wrong medicines in the eye do not cause any major adverse effects if flushed out immediately. At the most there could be some amount of irritation. Since Barielle fungal treatment contains antifungal which unlikely to penetrate the eye inbthe given form or concentration.

Dr. A.S. Desai :

The irritation is most likely to be due to its other ingredients. However the irritation should subside in the next couple of hours.

Customer:

so how many times a day do i flush my eyes out and how often to i put eye drops and which are the best eye drops to place i have tears and i have alcon a

Dr. A.S. Desai :

The symptoms you need to watch out for are persistent redness,, watering, blurring of vision even after 24 hours. In case of this , do consult an ophthalmologist for a closer look. You are supposed to give an eye wash only once and follow itcwith frequent use of lubricating eye drops such as Refresh tears eye drops, 1 drop 4 times a day for a wekk.

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Is there anything else that I can answer for you in this regard?

Customer:

No, thank you for all your assistance you have been of great help I feel relieved that I will be able to take care and will also be much more careful in the future, foolish mistaken my part. Thank you again and have a great night.