Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP
I have had the cataract removed from my eye 8 days ago. Pre-operation the Doctor said that he wanted check my eye 2 weeks after the operation instead of the usual 4 weeks because of the difference in my eyes he thought that it would cause confusion to my brain. As the clinic is over subscribed my appointment is 5 weeks after. On the 3rd day after my operation I needed to go to the emergency eye clinic where I was diagnosed with "some breakdown of the epithelium overlying the corneal section". Since then I have spoken to the nursing sister on the eye ward and she told me not to worry about the delay as it takes 4 weeks for my eye to heal up and they wouldn't operate on my other eye until this one has healed which I accept. As the Doctor wanted to see me sooner I am worried that my sight might be adversely affected if left longer. I don't know if I should see the Doctor privately assuming I could get an earlier date or keep with the datee given. My question is :should I accept the advice of the sister that the date given me is alright or could she be wrong and it would effect the outcome of my cataract operation?
I will have to go offline now but will check back in the morning. Thank you.
Do you know why the NHS insist on waiting 4 weeks between the first and second cataaract operation yet the private practice wait only 2 weeks?
Why then do the NHS insist on 4 weeks between operations and the private service only 2 weeks?