Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS Ophthalmology with 13 years of surgical expereince

Both eyes itches me regularly as if there is sand in my eyes

Both eyes itches me regularly as if there is sand in my eyes and also tears flows often.I use glasses both for reading and seeing short distances and I have glaucoma.I will sincerely XXXXX XXXXX expertise.

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Hello, Thank you for the question.I am Dr.A.S.Desai and I look forward to assisting you .

Dr. A.S. Desai :

The most common cause for itching is allergy. The exact allergen might be difficult to determine and could be anything from dust, pollen.

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Symptomatic treatment can be taken such as OTC Alaway or Zaditor eye drops, 1 drop twice a day for 1 to 2 weeks.

Dr. A.S. Desai :

If itching persists then you would need stronger eye drops such as Olopatadine eye drops (prescription drops).

Customer: Please are recommending any of the eyes drops ab
Customer: ok,thanks while I look foreword to chatting with you soon.
Dr. A.S. Desai :

Kindly give me 15 to 20 minutes as I will switch yo my laptop.Thank you for your patience.

Hello Uwhubetiyi,

I just wanted to add a few points here.

The symptoms of watering from eyes with sand like sensation can often be seen with co-existing dry eyes. Lubricating eye drops such as Refresh tears eye drops, 1 drop 4 times a day for about a month would be very helpful ( available OTC).

Thank you for the positive rating and bonus. Hope you get relief soon.