Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology

I hit my head, directly on the right temple, pretty hard last

I hit my head, directly on the right temple, pretty hard last night.
When it happened my vision in my right eye went a bit blurry - this lasted for about 2 hours.
Today my vision is ok and I have a pretty bad headache (which I guess is understandable since I hit my head).
I feel a bit queasy today, but have not vomited. I can see a little bit of swelling in my temple, but it's not a great deal.
Just wondering if this is normal or cause for concern?

Dr. Dan B. : Hello and thanks for your question. It sounds like you had a concussion. While most people do just fine and not and up having any problems, it is certainly possible that you have some complications from this. For this reason I would go see your primary care doctor as soon as possible. Does this make sense? Do you have any other questions about this?

Primary can't get me in for 2 weeks. Will waiting that long be ok?

Dr. Dan B. : I wouldn't recommend waiting two weeks. If you have bleeding inside your skull from this trauma then this needs to be attended to now. I would recommend going to urgent care clinic if they cannot get you in to see you.

Thank you very much.