Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
36528250

hit my eye a week ago but am on motrin over the last few weeks

hit my eye a week ago but am on motrin over the last few weeks for hip/lower back pain due to muscle spasms. I noticed my vision is blurry in the eye that made contact (left) in the central location. I have an opthamalogist appointment in the morning to have this checked. im honestly not sure if this has been going on longer than 2 days.

Dr. Dan B. : You may have some inflammation in the eyes from the blunt trauma called iritis. This can cause swelling of the retina which can cause blurry central vision. It's also possible that this trauma caused this crash or some opacification to the cornea which can also cause Paris central vision plus the symptoms you're having. Unfortunately, you've already figured out that the only way to distinguish between these things is to have an exam by the ophthalmologist. Do you have any other questions about this?
Dr. Dan B. : That should say "blurry" instead of "Paris". Sorry... The phone misunderstood my speech.
Dr. Dan B. : It appears as though you are not in the chat room currently. I am happy to be able to help you today. I will also be happy to answer any other questions until you have the information you need. If you would like to ask further questions or clarification regarding anything I've said, please let me know and I will be happy to address your concerns when I return to see if you've responded. If your concerns have been resolved...Your feedback is important to me and will help me improve my encounter with future customers. Please rate your encounter with me by providing positive feedback (by pressing the smiley face); any bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. If you feel like your concerns are not resolved or you have a problem or issue with anything I have said or haven’t said, please don’t issue a negative feedback rating—My goal is your satisfaction and I would rather work together to solve your concerns, until you are satisfied, than have you leave our encounter unhappy and unsatisfied. My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor. Thanks for your inquiry!
Customer:

is tomorrow soon enough to have this taken care of ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello Doctor Dan
I have an auto immune reaction to the eye. I was planning on going to the doctor, just I used this to determine if I needed to go to the ER. Am on steroids and its clearing up slowly but clearing up. I have a bunch of white dots inside my eye from a bunch of dialiations. 4 specialists till the regiment was agreed up on and that was after 12 vials of blood to test everything from a cold to the big diseases. nothing came up on the tests .
Thanks for the follow up.

Thanks for the follow-up. It sounds like you have posterior uveitis which is what is causing all the white dots and your blurry central vision. It sounds like you're on the correct treatment. I hope it goes well. Good luck.