Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest

DR.RICK ONLY-: What are the most effective

What are the most effective
Hi. I'm Dr. Rick and I have two decades of ophthalmology experience. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

You are already doing the warm and cold packs. In addition stretching exercises for your lower back can help. It important to avoid twisting and bouncing during the exercises.

Also meds (which I bet you have tried already) like motrin (take 800mg up to 4x/day) and advil can help.

Some people also swear by chiropractic manipulation as well as acupuncture. I, personally, don't believe in this but I'm kinda a stick in the mud at times (per my wife :)

If all this fails it may be time to consider surgical intervention :(

Does this make sense to you?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Now. Go out and enjoy this beautiful fall weekend ;-)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I agree about chiropractic and acupuncture, tho' the latter seems like it MIGHT help....

I do not feel i am a candidate for this kind of surgery, thankfully! Laughing

Thanx for the advice on not twisting or bouncing: i'm off the trampoline for the duration (LOL)!!

It is always fun to chat w/you, Dr. Rick.

It is my pleasure :)