Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest

DR. RICK ONLY-: How likely is it that

How likely is it that
Hi. I'm Dr. Rick and I have two decades of ophthalmology experience. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

I'm glad to hear from you but sorry that your steroid shot has worn off and you are in pain again.

Arthroscopic surgery is the least invasive surgery you can have that will correct the issues with your shoulder. It allows the surgeon to get inside the joint, see exactly what is going on and take steps to fix it without having to slice your entire shoulder open. Healing is faster and better.

From all we have discussed in the past, if your doctor is saying it is time to do a little bit of surgery, I'd trust in him and git it dun (as they say down South :)

Here is a very good article from a reliable source that you might find interesting:

Does this make sense to you?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Can't say i've seen the doc again; my app't. isn't 'til the 24th....but as much as i hate to think about it, i honestly think i will need to have this done.My fear is that i've heard the recovery is pretty difficult-yeh, i'm "only" 64; young for MOST dox (altho' THIS guy looks 12!)(Joke),yet i've learned from my hip surgery that healing takes longer "now...."Thankfully, we DO heal, but it just takes more time....

I dunno-'guess i am feeling kind adepressed tonight: this has been going on for such a long time, i think it is REALLY beginning to GET to me :(

The recovery is fastest for arthroscopic surgery...but it is still surgery. You just have to go with the lesser of two evils :(

If he looks 12, he has to be at least 18,maybe even 21....I don't you can play with orthopedic instruments until you are an adult ;-)

I can only image that it is getting to you. As a man I, of course, am unaffected by pain and illness -- as long as I have good woman (or two) around to wait on me hand and foot!

Hang in there and don't let the dogs git 'cha down.

Dr. Rick
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I feel better already!~!

Thanx, Friend!

My pleasure.

Do your best to stay out of jail! lol

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Saw the Internist today--Quality of Life came up--and attitude; seems he recommends i try to go back to being the "half full" person i've always been....well, i shall TRY!!

Then i got an AWFUL attack of sciatica on the way back to my car!! Is that like going to jail????

Nope. That doesn't count as going to jail....but so much for the "half-full" type of day, eh?

Have a good weekend....winter is coming. (As they are always saying on Game Of Thrones :)