Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

Hi doctor, I really need advice on an incident that happen

Hi doctor, I really need advice on an incident that happen with my friends eye . He splashed half a top of Clorox in his left eye.
Hi. I'm Dr. Rick and I have two decades of ophthalmology experience. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

From your post, it seems that this happened two days ago.

If he has not seen an ophthalmologist he should get in for a complete eye exam ASAP.

Other than that, what advice are you looking for?

Can you tell me more about what is going on and how his eye is doing?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Dr. Rick thank you for replying. He does not have any pain but there still is redness in the corner part of his eye ( inside) but there is no blurriness he can see good, just feels discomfort. According to him it feels as though something is inside bothering him. Do you believe it will just take a few days for the discomfort to wear off? Should he keep flushing his eye with water ? How long do you believe it will take for redness irritation to go? And is their anything I can give him? Can I give him gentamicin sulfate ophthalmic solution usp, 0.3 %(sterile)?

Thank you
Jose,

There is no need to continue to flush his eyes out with water.

He should use some artificial tears,which you can buy anywhere, to soothe and lubricate his eyes.

His eye should feel better in a day or two but the redness could take longer to go away.

He does not need any gentamicin drops.....

Of course, the best thing to do would be to have an eye doctor take a look at him. That being said, it sounds like he is going to be OK in the long run.

Does this make sense to you?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS