Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest

I HAVE A LUMP ON EACH OF MY EYES ON THE SIDE OF THEM. I HAVE

Customer Question

I HAVE A LUMP ON EACH OF MY EYES ON THE SIDE OF THEM. I HAVE GONE TO THREE EYE DOCTORS WHO WANT $5,000 TO REMOVE THE LUMPS. I CANNOT AFFORD THAT. IS THERE ANYONE ELSE WHO WOULD DO IT CHEAPER? PLEASE HELP ME, I WANT THEM REMOVED.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 9 months ago.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm Dr. Rick and I have two decades of ophthalmology experience. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

how long have the lumps been present?

Dr. Rick :

Have they affected your vision at all?

Dr. Rick :

Are they painful?

Dr. Rick :

Can you upload a picture of at least one of them? You can use the paperclip on your screen.

Dr. Rick :

What did your ophthalmologist say the lumps are called?

Dr. Rick :

Are you available to chat?

Customer :

YES I AM AVAILABLE TO CHAT.

Dr. Rick :

Good morning :)

Customer :

IT'S LIKE EXCESSIVE FAT ON THE SIDE OF MY EYES. I PRIDE MYSELF ON MY APPEARANCE AND I WOULD LIKE VERY MUCH TO HAVE THEM REMOVED. GOOD MORNING AND IT IS TRULY A GOOD MORNING BECAUSE WE BOTH WOKE UP. SMILE

Dr. Rick :

Can you see my five questions/request for a picture above?

Dr. Rick :

And we are feeding ourselves without assistance too :)

Customer :

AMEN, AMEN, AMEN. I AM SO GRATEFUL AT MY AGE TO BE ABLE TO DO THE THINGS I DO. TRUTHFULLY I AM 73 YEARS OLD AND IN GOOD HEALTH. THAT MEANS EVERYTHING TO ME. MY SONS MAKE ME GO TO THE GYM EVERY OTHER DAY AND I LOVE IT. I AM TAKING A PICTURE OF IT NOW ON MY PHONE AND WILL SEND IT TO YOU IN TWO MINUTES. THANK YOU

Dr. Rick :

ok

Dr. Rick :

Does it look something like this?

Customer :

OH MY GOD NO. IT IS JUST A SMALL LUMP ON THE SIDE OF MY EYE LIKE A SMALL BUMP OF FAT. I AM HAVING DIFFICULTY SENDING THE PICTURE TO YOU. MAY I PLEASE HAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS WHEN I CAN DOWNLOAD THE PICTURE TO MY SITE AND THEN SEND IT TO YOU. IT IS ON MY PHONE AND I CAN SEND IT TO YOU.

Dr. Rick :

Unfortunately, the website has a draconian firewall and we can not access any email systems. You can, however, email your picture toXXX@XXXXXX.XXX and tell them it is for Dr. Rick and they will forward it to me.

Dr. Rick :

The downside is that this process can take up to two days. :(

Customer :

I WILL DO IT RIGHT NOW. CAN YOU GIVE ME TWO MINUTES PLEASE? THANK YOU

Dr. Rick :

Another option we could try is for me to use another system and we could video chat....

Dr. Rick :

This is a new service :)

Customer :

I JUST SENT THEM TO MY EMAIL. GIVE ME TWO MINUTES TO PUT THEM ON HERE PLEASE. THANK YOU

Dr. Rick :

ok

Customer :

HOW DO I SEND PICTURE TO YOU NOW

Customer :

SORRY FOR BEING SO NOT ADVANCED WITH CAMERA BUT I DID SAVE PICTURE TO MY DOCUMENTS JUST DON'T KNOW HOW TO GET IT HERE. PLEASE HELP SMILE

Dr. Rick :

put the picture on your desktop. Then, click on the paperclip on your screen, on the top where it says "image URL", click on the little box thing on the right, browse for your picture by clicking on choose file, click open and then ok

Customer :

DOING IT RIGHT NOW. PLEASE BEAR WITH ME, TRULY WANT YOUR ANSWER. THANKS FOR TAKING THE TIME WITH ME, MUCH APPRECIATED.

Dr. Rick :

you can also do this by looking in your documents file....it doesn't matter where it is on your computer just as long as you can find it.

Dr. Rick :

no problem. I don't have to be at the office for another hour...and it is only 5 minutes from my house :)

Dr. Rick :

Full Size Image

Dr. Rick :

It just worked for me, but I noticed that the picture file can not be too large...not sure what the file size limit is...

Customer :

I HAVE IT ON DESKTOP NOW SENDING IT TO YOU. THANK YOU SO MUCH

Dr. Rick :

ok

Dr. Rick :

Ok. For some reason the images didn't come through. Let's try another way of uploading a picture:

Customer :

YOU DESERVE TO BE A DOCTOR. YOUR PATIENCE IS WONDERFUL. TRULY WISH THERE WERE MORE INDIVIDUALS LIKE YOU.

Dr. Rick :

Save your picture on your computer, someplace easy to find it such as your desktop.

Go to www.tinypic.com

Upload your picture to the site tinypic.com by browsing for it as directed.

This opens up files on your computer. Double click on the picture you want to upload then hit open (bottom right of the screen). This will take you back to the tinypic page. Hit "upload now" then do the secret code thing and your picture will upload into the system.

Once you do that it gives you a bunch of links you can use, one of which says "direct link for layouts" It is important to use this box. It is the forth one down from the top of the page.

Copy the link from inside this box and then paste it into your justanswer dialog box and send it to your expert.

Dr. Rick :

That didn't work either. Are you using an iphone or a mac by chance?

Customer :

OK WILL DO JUST SENT YOU THE PICTURE AGAIN. GOING TO DO WHAT YOU REQUESTED NOW. THANK YOU SO MUCH. THIS MEANS SO VERY MUCH TO ME.

Customer :

I AM HAVING SO MUCH DIFFICULTY DID YOU RECEIVE THE ONE I SENT TO YOU.

Customer :

SENDING ANOTHER ONE TO YOU.

Customer :

HOW DO I GET BACK IN TOUCH WITH YOU. YOU ARE WONDERFUL AND I NEED AN APPOINTMENT WITH YOU. ARE YOU NEAR NEW JERSEY. PROBABLY NOT BECAUSE YOU ARE TOO NICE. SMILE

Dr. Rick :

I'm a long, long way from New Jersey :(

Customer :

ARE YOU THERE, I KNOW I AM HOLDING YOU UP BUT I HAVE TO GO TO WORK. CAN I LEAVE MY TELEPHONE NUMBER WITH YOU. XXX-XXX-XXXX. MY NAME ISXXXXX WOULD LOVE TO BE YOUR PATIENT. SMILE

Dr. Rick :

But, maybe I can suggest a way for you to have the surgery done at a lower cost...even without seeing the lesion

Dr. Rick :

Nancy, I can switch over to Q&A format and, yes, we can consult via video chat, telephone ect for a very small additional charge. It is a new function. Do you want to try that after you get home from work today?

Customer :

OH PLEASE HELP ME. I AM A FORMER MAYOR AND ATTEND A LOT OF AFFAIRS AND DON'T WISH TO LOOK LIKE THIS. MY EMAIL IS XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX WOULD YOU PLEASE CONTACT ME THERE. DON'T WISH TO BE LATE FOR WORK. THANK YOU YES I WOULD LIKE TO TRY THAT. WOULD YOU CONTACT ME AFTER WORK AT MY EMAIL ADDRESS AND I WILL SPEAK WITH YOU. HOW ABOUT 5PM

Dr. Rick :

your email is blocked. :( Let me switch over and send you a link so we can communicate by phone, skype, video chat etc....here we go...

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 9 months ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 9 months ago.
When you get home from work, just click of the offer and we can go face to face on skype and I can look at the thing on your eye.

See you soon.

Dr. Rick MD FACS
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 9 months ago.
Nancy,

I got the picture you uploaded toXXX@XXXXXX.XXX but it was some sort of artistic special effects thing and I could not make out any details.

We can use the skype system when you get home from work...I'm off to the office and, since it is Monday, I never know what time I get back home. I'm in the Central time zone.

Talk to you soon. Remember, I can not access your email on this system.

Dr. Rick MD FACS