Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

Tomorrow I am scheduled to visit an Ophalmologist to observe

Tomorrow I am scheduled to visit an Ophalmologist to observe the eyes. My reason for asking is that last night I had an evening of seeing double, and I could not focus well enough to correct my sight. The medical tech at this assisted living facility placed me in a vacant unit at the main building rather than allow a return to the independent apartment unit where I reside. This morning my vision was back to normal.
After making clear to the office of my neurologist what happened I want to learn what to say to the eye doctor. There was no reason for the condiition, and it never happened before last night. I have brain trouble because of an accident, but was not aware of anything wrong with my eyes. The eye doctor visit is the idea of my neurologist.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm Dr. Rick and I have two decades of ophthalmology experience. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

That is a very good question and, in truth, there is nothing special to say to the doctor.

Dr. Rick :

Just tell the ophthalmologist exactly what you have told me. Also, make sure to bring your medication list with you and be ready to review your past medical history in as much detail as possible.

Dr. Rick :

You neurologist is sending you to the ophthalmologist so that he can be sure that the problem does not lie with your eyeglass Rx, your eyes, or your optical system. After he is assured that this is the case he will proceed to do his neurological workup.

Dr. Rick :

But, from what you have posted, I would bet that this will not end up being primarily an ocular issue....but it has to be ruled out. :(

Dr. Rick :

Dose this make sense to you?

Dr. Rick :

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Dr. Rick says:
3:06 PM
3:06 PM
3:07 PM
3:09 PM
3:09 PM
3:09 PM
Dose this make sense to you?
3:10 PM

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS
Stephen,

What did the ophthalmologist find?

I hope you are on your way toward feeling better. :)

Dr. Rick