Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

I am having vitrectomy surgery to repair a macular hole on

I am having vitrectomy surgery to repair a macular hole on Oct. 8. I have three eye drops, Gentamicin, Atropine Sulf and Prednisolone AC but I failed to get the usage instructions prior to today. Am I supposed to use the first two as instructed on label beginning 2 days prio to surgery and the prednisolone after surgery?

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm Dr. Rick and I have two decades of ophthalmology experience. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

I am a retina surgeon and do this surgery all the time :)

Dr. Rick :

Use the Atropine and Gentamicin before your surgery.

Dr. Rick :

Do you have any history of inflammation inside your eye (uveitis) or a systemic illness that is causing inflammation etc?

Dr. Rick :

If not, then I do not think you need to use the prednisolone before surgery. You will use this after.

Dr. Rick :

I see that you are offline. I will switch to Q&A format. This format works a lot like 'text messaging' but an email is sent to each of us anytime something is posted to this thread. We can continue to work on your question there..... :)

Dr. Rick :

Is there anything else you would like to discuss at this point or have all your questions been answered to your satisfaction?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Dr. Rick says:
10:48 PM
10:49 PM
10:49 PM Customerhas entered this chat!
Dr. Rick says:
10:49 PM
10:50 PM Customerhas stepped out of this chat.
Dr. Rick says:
10:50 PM
10:51 PM
10:52 PM
10:52 PM

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS

I see you are online again...I'm still here if you have anymore questions.

Best of luck on the 8th :)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for your answer, this helps a lot.

Marylon,

My pleasure. Best of luck :)

Don't forget to mash the positive feedback button for me...the one labeled "excellent" is the most fun to push by far ;)

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I don't go up in a puff of smoke -- I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.