eyemd45
eyemd45, Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  I am a board certified ophthalmologist. I work full time with a focus in cataract and refractive surgery.
75785859

My husband is having a severe case of itchy eyes, ears and

My husband is having a severe case of itchy eyes, ears and also around his testicles. To the point his ears are so sore he can hardly touch them now. He has been to the allergist and also to an Opthalmologist. They've given him steroids by mouth and drops for his eyes. But nothing seems to be helping. His next option is to go to the emergency room. I'm not sure, they are going to be able to help him. What would you suggest?

eyemd45 : In terms of the patient's itchy eyes, the best treatment would be a combination of an allergy drop and non-preserved artificial tears. There are several allergy drops that would be helpful. My preferred drop is Patanol, which is a mast cell stabilizer and anti-histamine. There are also several different artificial tears that will help to soothe the eyes. Refresh Plus is a good brand, but anything that is marketed as non-preserved would be beneficial.