Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

I have a slight headache however i have a tingling-sort of cold feeling to my eyes yet the

I have a slight headache however i have a tingling-sort of cold feeling to my eyes yet they dont hurt. Could the tingling stem from my headache (i am a migraine sufferer)
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 12 months ago.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm Dr. Rick and I have two decades of ophthalmology experience. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

As a fellow migraine sufferer I can tell you that this is absolutely possible...since I

Dr. Rick :

I've had the same experience myself.

Dr. Rick :

I do not think that what you are feeling is a sign of a serious problem with your eyes or, as most people worry about first, a brain tumor :)

Dr. Rick :

Good morning and welcome to chat.

Dr. Rick :

Does this make sense to you?

Customer:

Hello Dr. Rick. Yes it makes sense. I have had migraines for years and I never recall having this feeling so I got worried. I also rub my eyes a lot when i have makeup on so i didn't know if that could have damaged anything but i did that yesterday and the pain just appeared now.

Dr. Rick :

From what you have posted, I do not think you have damaged anything. Also, no need to stop using your makeup or change brands....although my wife swears by MAC brand, especially for her sensitive eyes.

Customer:

I never had problems with the makeup before so I will assume it is headache related. I just hope the pain goes away bc it is definitly annoying and new to my headache issues. Does your eye pain go away when your migraine does?

Dr. Rick :

Yes. But, in my case, when I get the eye pain (usually my rt eye) it means it is going to be a bad migraine if I don't jump on it with caffeine etc....

Dr. Rick :

But, now that I am old and fat, I don't get bad migraines very often anymore...just the visual aura

Customer:

lol.. wow i have had the auro and the dizziness and numbing of nose for some odd reason. The eye tingling is def. new to me. I hope it doesn't mean it will be bad. I am already with the caffein. I will pop two excedrine migraine now and pray for the best

Dr. Rick :

sounds like a good plan. Remember, everyone is different when it comes to migraines so it probably doesn't mean this will be a bad one for you....

Customer:

fingers crossed. thank you for your help - glad i dont have a brain tumor

Dr. Rick :

Hopefully this will go away soon and you will be able to enjoy the beautiful fall weekend.

Dr. Rick :

Ya...brain tumors suck ;)

Dr. Rick :

Take care.

Dr. Rick :

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer:

i have plans after work so i hope it works fast.... yeah tumors mess up your weekend for sure. thank you again

Dr. Rick :

Truth.

Dr. Rick :

Take care.

Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience: Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.